Thursday, July 12, 2007

Comfort Doll

Updated
Pat at Gatherings is coordinating an effort to collect Comfort Dolls to share with shelters for abused women. What a GREAT idea.

Both dolls were pieced with fabric from the Stash for Pounds box I won. They're going in with their color assortments, so I may not be able to identify them again, but was reminded how very pretty they are!

I've finished the second doll - this is the Sun Goddess pattern. It is so much smaller than the other, but sweet. Now to get them ready to mail off to Pat.



After telling myself that mine wouldn't be as pretty as others, and more excuses, I couldn't NOT do it. Here is one and have a different type cut out to make as well. She's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but my hope is that she will bring comfort to someone who needs to know that someone cares!



This was a lot of fun, and so out of my comfort zone! Go on over to Pat's, look for Comfort Doll information, and make one, too. It will bring a smile to someone who probably needs one!

4 comments:

Gerry said...

Oh, Charlene she's beautiful and her arms are all stretched out just ready to give a hug to some who really, really needs one.

Good job! You make me proud :-)

Susan said...

I love her, and she looks my speed. I have been thinking and thinking. I may make this kind or a Cookie Mama.

Ati said...

Charlene your doll is lovely. And what count more : it is made with love!

Gerry said...

Love the second doll, too. Great job. Pat mentioned on her blog that you did some neat dated tags/buttons. Great idea!