I have been tagged by Ati for the Seven Things Meme. I've been watching this go around in the blog rolls I travel, and it's fun learning new things about those whose blogs I read often. Some folks enjoy telling about themselves, and others, like me, find it rather difficult.
1. I've lived alone, or as a single parent - son or Pixie, for 26 years - and love it! There are times when a companion would be nice; like lawn mowing, home keeping, etc., but that stuff can be 'hired' and I don't have to pick up their socks! I have been called a hermit because I can stay alone for unknown amounts of time. I don't care for parties, social gatherings, etc., but do manage family things - for a short time.
2. I don't feel like my imagination tells me a 53 year old woman should feel - although I do love needlework - embroidery, tatting, crazy quilting. I was disappointed to hear, on Grey's Anatomy the other night, that she was dried up and should be doing needlework. Pllleeeaase!
3. Both my parents are living, and my mom still works at Walmart as a greeter. I get my desire to retire from my dad :-)
4. I rarely listen to music and the house is usually quiet unless I'm actually watching TV - or decide to jump up to the computer, like now...
5. I record my favorite TV shows so I can scan through them without watching commercials. DVR is the best thing I've ever subscribed to. My favorite shows? Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, CSI, 24, NCSI, House, Boston Legal, The Riches, The Closer, Nip/Tuck, American Idol (though this year wasn't the best), Dancing with the Stars, Medium, and home improvement/real estate shows if there's time left over.
6. I have several tattoos - and want another.
7. I started back smoking -- after several years. Truth be told, that's probably most of the reason I've lost some weight.
So there you have it... now, let me decide on a few I haven't seen or noted a request already ... and don't feel pressured. If you don't want to do this, that's fine! Tag; you're it...