Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pawley's Island - *****

I just finished reading Pawley's Island, A Low Country Tale, by Dorothea Benton Frank. This is the fifth I've read - with the next being just as good at the last. I give five stars to all Ms. Frank's works. She grew up in the South Carolina Low Country, and her writing, to date, has been about the people and/or lifestyle there. She has a friendly humor that makes you feel as if you're reading a letter or chatting with a friend.
Preview Of Pawley's Island

People have secrets. Everyone does. And, at one point or another, many people say they would like to run away and start life over in a place where no one knows their business. I know that I have felt that way. More than once. And I am no stranger to disaster, and most certainly no one would ever call me a coward. Coward or not, sometimes you just want to slip away into the night.

No comments: