Friday, February 08, 2008

Crazy Quilt Retreat in Texas!!

I saw the announcement of this plan for a CQ Retreat in Texas, so I asked for details and if I could share this info with others who may be interested. The QuiltedDiva said Yes, I could share if I didn’t publish her personal information. If you’re interested in contacting her, leave me a comment with your email address and I will provide her contact information to you privately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAZY QUILT RETREAT
April 17, 18, 19, 20
Tomball, TX


Cost $185.00 plus $25 Food Fee Total 210.00
Total amount due no later than March 1, 2008

You may check in April 17 at noon
Check out is 3 pm April 20 at 3 p.m.
Web site for accommodations: www.quilterscabin.com


What you get:
  • Uninterrupted time to CQ
  • Meet other CQ folks
  • Really comfortable sewing areas
  • Accommodations for 3 nights
  • Food (Breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday) Lite meal on Friday, Saturday and Sunday-lunch) Drinks, coffee, tea, bottled water and fruit
  • All linens provided MUST BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW
  • Hairdryers in all bathrooms
  • Soap, shampoo provided

Thursday meals are on your own
Feel free to bring snacks
Bring all your CQ supplies to work on your own projects
Possibility of outings on Friday and Saturday – participation not required
We will have some planned activities - these will be announced later. I am open to all ideas. Some things:

  • mini classes if someone would volunteer to teach a technique to the group;
  • white elephant swap;
  • squishie exchange;
  • field trips to Thread Art and a needlework shop;
  • the local resale shops.

Yours truly will take the food money and go shopping and have the kitchen stocked with breakfast goodies, soups, cold cuts, fruit, and salad makings.

Would you like to be in charge of preparing one breakfast for the group? Please let me know and I will make sure the ingredients you require are on hand.

Do you make great crock pot soup? Let me know and I will get the ingredients and that can be our meal one day.

What I need from you:

Name
Address
Daytime phone
Night time phone
Emergency contact
Anything you would like to volunteer to teach or cook --- PLEASE!!!!
Activity ideas

YOUR CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO:

Leave a comment to tell me you’re interested and I’ll provide contact information privately…

Please keep in mind that I have planned corporate events – much easier than planning for 12 crazy quilters. I will do my best to make sure you have lots of time to work on what you want and interact with other quilters. I will not plan your entire weekend for you.

I am receptive to all ideas and suggestions. I am doing this because I want to spend time with other CQ folks, get inspired and have fun!!

If I have forgotten anything – feel free to tell me.

Thanks.

Deborah,
AKA QuiltedDiva

3 comments:

Courtney Short said...

I so want to go to that retreat, but just can't come up with that kind of money without some time to save (as I am a SAHM now).. you will have to tell me all about it and maybe next year I will get to go.

Susan said...

Oh, I'm so jealous I can't go! That would just be a wonderful retreat. If we were in Texas this spring, I would make Paul wait while I go - unless it's 1000 miles away still. =) But we aren't making it to Texas this year. Unfortunately. Maybe she'll do this again? It sounds like it's at a Bed and Breakfast, or even in her own large home.

marybeard said...

want to find out about 2008 any retreats? mary in austin, texas