Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Stitching Again


This is the heart with a piece of the Oriental fabric I had been saving - for what, I'm not sure. That SPECIAL project? During one of the Newbies Challenges of sorting and organizing, I forced myself to distribute them into the other fabric colors, thus using a bit for this heart.


I think it fits perfectly, and gave the inspiration for embellishing.








The motif design is from Motifs from Crazy Quilting, J.Marsha Michler.











Planning ...










Thanks for your kind comments, ladies. The butterfly sitting on the heart is from M. Michler's Shadow Embroidery transfer book.

















It seems so long since I've done any stitching, but yesterday brought out the needles. Not finished by far, but had to post the little progress I've made.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Charlene that butterfly is beautiful! I'm itching to stich more too! I prepared some onesie's with iron patterns I hope to start stitching on.

Susan said...

I love the butterfly and the B. Your embroidery is beautiful. The bottom row of stitching is also very interesting, with the inverted stitches. This is going to be very pretty.

Ati said...

Very nice hearts Charlene! specially the butterfly and the geisha.

Maddie Can Fly said...

I too love the butterfly AND I have this book! I need to get it out and use it more -- thanks for reminding me.

Thelma said...

Your hearts are going to be so beautiful when you are through.